A couple of years ago I was given a goat for Christmas and I was beyond excited. I remember putting down my glass of wine, opening up the envelope that I thought would contain a card from my beloved friends, and being really moved when I saw that they'd given me a goat. Well, a share of a goat. Who doesn't want a goat, especially one that you don't have to feed and take care of? Who doesn't want to feel unselfishly good about receiving a gift? So much of my life is spent feeling guilty about how selfish I am and now here was a moment of reprieve from that. Now if my friends had given me an ACTUAL goat it may have been a problem since at the time I lived in a small NYC apartment that I shared with a cat and a dog. All of my furniture would have been chewed, my animals would have unhappy and I would have been really unhappy - even though I may gotten some goat milk and goat cheese (yummy) out of the whole thing. I named my goat Sam and I still think of him fondly. Sam? Sam? Can you hear me?
Through Heifer International you can give a goat, a flock of chickens, a WATER BUFFALO or a heiffer as a gift and no one can say that you didn't get them something special.
Check out their website at http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.195980/.

No comments:
Post a Comment